Friday

Painted Concrete Stairs


As always, I love projects that turn out to be free yet add something extra to my home.  I recently painted the front door of my house and I had a ton of paint left over.  While I was painting my door I noticed how dirty the front steps were.  For me it was easy to overlook this for so long because we do not use the front door often.  When I really noticed how much TLC the front steps needed I decided to use the leftover paint to spruce them up a bit.

As you can see the front of our 70 year old home had no wow factor.  It was just boring and unassuming.  Originally I just wanted to paint the door then that turned into painting the steps then  that turned into hanging window boxes for flowers.  Here is what the front looked like after the door was painted.


And these are the steps that definitely needed some cleaning!


I wish I had taken more pictures but I think I was just too excited to actually get this project done that I forgot.  First I power washed the steps.  Next I put on a coat of regular indoor white paint.  Once that dried I used frog tape to tape off a couple lines.  Then I painted inside the lines that were taped off with the leftover door paint.


Once that paint dried I took the tape off.  At this point you might want to seal it but I chose not to seal it with anything so I was done!  

I did not pay anything for this project unless you account for supplies I already had on hand but when I factor in the cost for a project I include supplies I buy in the initial project and any extras or leftovers I don't account for in other projects.  So I would say that it cost me $50 to paint the door and the steps were free.


The steps look great and the front of the house has a little extra pizzazz.  Below you can see I ended up adding window boxes to the front of the house.  See how to make those yourself out of gutters...yes gutters...by clicking here.


I love how the steps look!  They were so easy to paint and they added a little extra touch that really spruced up the curb appeal of my home.

1 comment: