Tuesday

DIY Tile Backsplash on a Bathroom Mirror



Do you have leftover peel and stick tile backsplash?

About a year ago I used peel and stick tile backsplash for a small area in my kitchen above the stove (see below).  After finishing I had scraps of the backsplash left and did not know what to do with them so I put them in a basket in my craft room for a later date.


This is the original project I used the peel and stick tile backsplash on.

The other day I came across the scraps.  I grabbed them and went in each room in my house until I came up with an idea on how to use them.  I decided to put the tile on the bottom of the mirror in the bathroom to create a faux backsplash.  It worked out perfect.  The tiles are sticky so I didn't need glue and they are flexible so they went right over the clips that hold the mirror.


This is the before picture.  The mirror is not bad but could use a little extra character considering it's just a builder's grade mirror.



The pieces I had were already cut to this size so I just started on one end and lined the tile up with the bottom of the mirror.


When I got to the end I just trimmed the excess off.  It was so simple and took me about 5 minutes to do.


Although this is not a major change to the bathroom it does add one extra detail that enhanced the overall look of the bathroom.  And it was free!

Do you have any simple bathroom upgrades?

Please share ideas and links in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:30 AM

    So you just put them right over the top of the clips ? Do the clips make the tie protrude in that spot ? And how has it held up ? Thank you so much !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it right over the clips. It sticks out a little but it’s not really noticeable unless you know the clips were there to begin with. It has held up great! No peeling or anything.

      Delete
  2. Does the moisture in the bathroom make them come loose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this in the powder bath or is it exposed to shower steam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip!!! I have a huge builders grade mirror over my double sink. But the right hand side has a light outlet cut into the mirror 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Making it impossible to put a wood frame around it, but this is something I can do and put the outlet cover over the tile. And I could still make my frame awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:43 PM

    This is so funny because my house came with the exact same huge mirror and exact same lights with little metal leaves! I want to remove the entire mirror, put in a smaller one, and use a backsplash to frame it! your's looks great!

    ReplyDelete