Sunday

Lap Desk

I decided to make this lap desk for my daughter because we were taking a road trip and I wanted her to have something to do in the car.  It was easy to make.  I had all the supplies around the house except the plastic box I picked up from Walmart for $5.


 
This is the plastic tub I bought that will become the actual "desk".  The pic below shows the specifics of it.
 
 
 
 
Above  are the supplies you will need to make the top of the desk.  You will also need a piece of cardboard that is cut to size.  The particular plastic box I got had a smaller bottom on it than the lid was so I traced the bottom of the plastic box onto cardboard and cut it out.  Then I used 2 pieces of 12x12 scrapbook paper to cover the cardboard.
 
 
 
I used the above 3M command strips and put them on the top of the plastic lid.
 
 
Then I stuck the scrapbook paper covered cardboard to the lid.
 
 
Put the lid back on and you are done! 
 
 
I filled the plastic box with a coloring book, notebook, markers, crayons, and stickers.



2 comments:

  1. If you use a flat metal cookie from dollar store then cover it with white contact paper or dry erase board paper from Christmas tree shop and cover like you did you can use magnets for a story board or play hangman etc. Just adds another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey Jones9:29 AM

      I love that idea. I am definitely going to do that.

      Delete