Monday

Easy No-Sew Fleece Baby Blankets for $2 Each


I have a super easy DIY project for you today.  I'm so excited to share it.  As you all know I love saving money by DIYing everything so when it came to baby blankets I made no exception.  I am due in just 6 weeks and I realized that I still needed baby blankets.  Blankets at the store run at least $5 each and the nice soft ones can be as much as $20 even at Walmart.

I was able to make my own easy no-sew fleece baby blankets for only $2 each,  Let me share how.

I bought the fleece from Joanne Fabrics at 70% off.  Every year the Saturday after Thanksgiving they run the 70% off sale on anti-pill fleece so that is how I scored each yard of fleece for only $4!  I was able to make two blankets out of each yard.

First lay out a yard of fleece.


Cut the two ends off that have the words and the odd stitching.
Then cut the fabric in half.


That's it!  No sewing and no tying.  Just make sure you cut straight lines.  There is no need to stitch it and it will not fray or unravel.


These blankets are super easy to make, super soft and super cheap!  You can make them any size you want and you can pick the pattern of fleece you use.  It doesn't get any better than that!

Don't forget to comment and share any DIY baby blanket ideas and tips you may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment