Friday

DIY Striped Wall





I jumped on the bandwagon and striped a wall in my home and I'm so glad I did!  This small wall is in the nursery.  I was turning a guest room into a nursery and wanted to do it for less than $500 (see that post here).  Since my budget was so small I had little money to spend on details but I wanted the nursery to stand out.  I decided to paint stripes on one of the walls and it turned out great.

This is such an easy DIY project that you can complete in a day!


This is the boring before picture.  This is the smallest bedroom in our house and was being used as the guestroom so I never put much work into it.


I wanted the stripes to be the same size as the baseboard so I measured that first.  Then I used painters tape to block off the sections I wanted to paint white.



I put Press and Seal along the ground under the wall so that any drips of paint wouldn't get on the tile.  This keeps me from having unnecessary cleanups from drips or spills.  I also use the area to put my paint can and brushes on.


This is the end result and I love it!  It took me a few hours from start to finish including setup and cleanup.  I already had brushes, painters tape and the latex paint on hand so it didn't cost me any money!

Please comment with any tips or suggestions you may have about painting a striped wall!




No comments:

Post a Comment