Monday

DIY Painted Wine Glasses

 
 
This is an easy project that has the cutest results.
 
First I bought wine glasses at Goodwill for a dollar.  I know you could buy them at the Dollar Tree or even buy nicer ones if you want but I was at Goodwill so that's where I bought them.
 
I cleaned the outside of the glass with rubbing alcohol to make sure it was really clean.
 
 
I printed out the design I wanted to paint on them and taped it to the inside of the glass.
 
 
I used ENAMEL paint!  This is very important.  DON'T just use acrylic paint.
 
 
I used regular paint brushes and these foam dotters.
 
 
Then I just traced the design one color at a time.  In between colors I let the glass sit for about an hour or so to dry.  If I messed up I used rubbing alcohol and a q-tip or toothpick to fix the mistake.  After the paint was dry I put them in a cool oven and turned it to 350 degrees.  After 30 minutes I turned the oven off and when it was cool I took the glasses out.
 
 
 
Ta Da!!!!  Easy and cute.  I especially like to feel the texture of the painted dots on the glass while I drink wine.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment