Thursday

Fifth Wheel Sign with Family Name and State

Because we travel so much in our fifth wheel, in fact we used to live in a fifth wheel (take a look at that adventure here), I made a cute sign to hang from the neck of the fifth wheel.  It was pretty easy to make.  I took some scrap plywood that I found in the barn and traced the state of Illinois on it.  My other half cut it out for me and I spray painted the edges blue.  Then I printed out the text I wanted to be on it in the correct size.  


I used a pencil to shade the back of the paper then positioned it where I wanted on the sign and traced the text on the front of the paper.  This left an imprint on the wood so that I could use a small paint brush and black paint to paint the letters.  


I then put a couple coats of clear spray paint on it.  My other half drilled the hole and added chain to hang it.  Easy, cheap and cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment