Friday

Pack ‘n Play Hack for Tall Parents


Are you a tall parent who struggles to use the diaper changing feature on your Pack ‘n Play?  That’s the same problem my husband and I had. We love the fact that it has an area to change Mirabell’s diaper but we hated that it hurt our back to use it. I looked online to see what taller parents did to make it bearable but I didn’t find any ideas so I came up with my own hack. 

Really the problem is that the entire Pack ‘n Play is too short but I didn’t have furniture risers nor did I want to spend $20 on them so I used what I already had. 

My husband brought in cinder blocks that he wasn’t using and we put them under the Pack ‘n Play for the day to make sure the new height would work and boy did it!  Changing diapers on it was no longer straining my back.




As you can see the cinder blocks are not cute at all so I decided to make them pretty!



A couple days before this project I noticed that someone in my house got super glue on my dining room tablecloth and rather than throw it away I put it in my scrap fabric bin. Little did I know I would be using it just a few days later.


I wrapped the cinder blocks in fabric so that they would look better. I used the same technique as I used when I made a door stopper (see that technique here). 

Overall, this was a simple, quick and inexpensive DIY project that saved my back from aching while changing diapers and it looks nicer than just using furniture risers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment