Friday

Dressing Room

I decided to turn my spare bedroom into a large walk-in closet.  I like to call the room my "dressing room".  I am the primary user of the room however my daughter keeps some of her shoes in there.  Everything else in there is mine.

 
My dressing room consists of two free standing closet organizers on either side of the walls, a vanity, a chair, an ottoman, a large jewelry box, and two lights

 
The vanity is actually a glass desk I bought at Walmart for $10 on clearance.  I also bought the zebra printed chair from Walmart.

 
The picture above is one of the free standing closet organizers.  I bought it at Menard's.  You can buy it in pieces to customize the size and pieces you want.  The top rack is for short sleeve shirts and the bottom rack is for tank tops and skirts.


 
I loved this part of the closet organizer because I knew it would be a great place to put my high heel shoes that were a bit more expensive than my other high heels.  I put glitter pink wallpaper border on the edge of each little box to add some color and bling.

 
This is the inside of the closet in the dressing room.  As you can see in the picture below there are curtains that close to hide my messy closet.  I hang a few of my not so fancy dresses and bags in the closet as well as put boots and flip flops on the shoe holders on the ground.  Above the bar that holds the hangers are several rows of high heels.  I hang my regular inexpensive high heels up there.

 
 


Obviously I have a ton of jewelry, clothes, and shoes.  I cannot help myself.  This jewelry box is just one of many that I have.  It is completely full of rings, bracelets, and anklets.  I hang my necklaces on 3M hooks on the wall, as you can see in the picture below.
 
 



 
The top rack on this closet organizer is for long sleeve shirts and the bottom rack is for spaghetti strap shirts, which I organize my color.  I also have a small 19 inch flat screen TV in my dressing room so I can watch the news in the morning or watch TV whenevr I am in there.


More of my high heels on display.  These are my favorite because I love bold bright colors!


Pardon the outlet cords everywhere.  I still haven't found a solution for those yet.  I do like that I put a 3M hook on the vanity and hang my blow dryer from it.  Keeps it off the vanity top but within reach.
 
I used the pink glitter wallpaper border everywhere in my dressing room.  Even around my mirror and on the drawers on the closet organizer.



 
Above is a cute little chandelier from Hobby Lobby on clearance for $4.  I just put an battery tea candle in it and hung it from the vent.
 
 
 
I love my dressing room and am in there everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment