Tuesday

DIY Peacock Costume


This peacock costume was incredibly easy to make. It was comfortable and unique.  The top is simply a blue tank top with a black half shirt over it to stay warm.  I wore peacock feather earrings and a necklace.  I did my makeup in bright colors.  The skirt took about 2 hours to make.  I just sewed three black boas onto a stretchy skirt. The tail was the funnest to make.  I took a bunch of pictures of the process of making it.  I used cardboard to hot glue peacock feathers onto.  The feather I bought on Amazon for about $16 for 100 of them.  I bought a few extra feathers at Hobby Lobby that were a bit longer so that I could accent the top of the tail.  I covered a black belt in feathers and used a stapler to attach the tail to the belt so that I could wear the tail without putting straps on it that go around your arms like I saw with other DIY peacock tails.

Stretchy Skirt
I used a glue gun to glue the long feathers first
Then I started to layer the other feathers.

I covered my black belt in feathers.  I just cut the stem off them and glued them to the belt
I started layers the feathers on the back.  Before I got to the bottom I stapled the belt to the tail.  Then finished layers the feathers until the whole tail was covered.


















No comments:

Post a Comment